Karen's mileage tracker

Karen's ride for Malawi

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

I am attaching the link for the most recent news article printed about our 'happenings'. We have had a couple exciting inquiries this week. As a result of this article, we had a man email saying that he spent time in Malawi in the late 60's. He is in the area frequently, as his daughter, who was born in Malawi, lives near us. We have also received an inquiry from a teacher who is interested in the pen pal program! We are excited about these developments. I hope to be able to attend to these new inquiries while working my other jobs, the paying ones!

We will soon be updating our website, because we have outgrown the one we have used for these past couple years. It is exciting that in these next 6 months I could be retired and have more time to devote to Educate Malawi...I really look forward to that and hopefully it will all go well for me to be able to do that. Always so many things I want to do to fundraise and involve more people...in time, I believe, it will all happen.

http://www.courant.com/community/hc-community-articleresults,0,5942637,results.formprofile?Query=35656HC

Enjoy the article....also, I will be posting photos and some sample letters from the pen pal program. It was exciting and we got some nice pictures and letters.




No comments:

Post a Comment