Karen's mileage tracker

Karen's ride for Malawi

Friday, August 6, 2010

Well, another week gone...we will begin packing for the upcoming trip this weekend. I know some people travel to Malawi often to do their work; we feel fortunate to be able to go as often as we have. We have wonderful people in Malawi helping us accomplish our goals as well as wonderful people supporting us here. We have a lot of supplies that people have donated and we will be sending some more money this week to be able to continue construction of our classroom block in Malawi. There are 2 and 1/2 days of work in this upcoming week and then we are off! We are flying a different route this trip than previous trips: Bradley (yea!) to Washington D.C., then D.C. to Rome, then to Ethiopia then on to Malawi. Unfortunately we don't get off the plane in Rome...just in D.C. - well, I've been there!!! It's ok...looking forward to the adventure.

I am excited to be expanding our work to include the children more with the pen pal program....I am beyond excited about the pictures I hope to get and information the children will share that we can bring back here. I have great visions of the power of the experience of the connections that can take place with this type of project and am overwhelmed by the idea of it...I look forward to sharing that with as many people as possible in as many ways as possible.

I was talking with some friends tonight about gratitude...and it was a wonderful conversation! I encourage all to take a moment to reflect on what you have to be grateful for...I know I am blessed in many ways, and hope you feel blessed also!

Be well!

No comments:

Post a Comment