Karen's mileage tracker

Karen's ride for Malawi

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Speaking in NJ in September!

Things are starting to 'heat up'!!  I am ending my summer classes, which means the month of August will be a fast month of training, fundraising and promotion.

The latest updates:  Up to $425 funds raised already toward the big goal.  Thank you to those who have been so supportive already by sending your donations!

I have scheduled our first speaking engagement in New Jersey on September 5th.  Stephen and I will speak at the Washington Township Public library,  http://www.wtpl.org/.  located in Long Valley, NJ.  That day, I will be riding approximately 55 miles from Jim Thorpe, PA to Hope, NJ, then we will speak at the library that evening.

This week some of my goals are to attempt to secure another speaking engagement along our ride route; also, to write some great press releases to attempt to get some local press coverage.



I have just spoken to our project manager in Malawi, Mathew (above), who says that the foundation of our project has been started and he will be sending pictures soon, so stay tuned for that!  Mathew has been working hard for us to ensure that the project is handled properly and also that funds are used wisely.  We are grateful for him and his assistance, which is invaluable!

Time for me to go now and ride...training will be kicking into a higher gear now...one month to go!


No comments:

Post a Comment