Karen's mileage tracker

Karen's ride for Malawi

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

THE FUNDRAISING HAS BEGUN!!!



I have begun the exciting process of preparing for Karen's Ride 2013 and have sent out my fundraising letters.  I have begun to receive donations from some wonderful long term supporters and am extremely grateful!!  The thermometer has been updated, and it is always fun to watch it move...It means many things to me.  It means we are closer to our goal, it means there are many generous people, it means we can continue our work in Malawi and our efforts are 'rewarded'...

I have been reviewing photos from the last 2 year's rides as we are in the process of updating the website.  I love the experience of riding all day and then camping in a new place each night.  This year, I realized, will be the first year that I have absolutely no idea what the roads will be like in terms of hills, etc.  The last 2 years we were closer to home and were in somewhat familiar territory.  Well, Maine was not entirely familiar, but we pretty much knew we could remain on Route 1 for a lot of the way, and the conditions were pretty much the same. 
Stephen will again be my road support, if I haven't already said that.  This photo was from our first year's ride and this car proved to be perfect for our use! 

In case anyone reading this has not received any of our mailings or fundraising letters, we have an anonymous donor who has pledged to match donations up to $1,000!!  In addition to that wonderful incentive, this year we will be offering an opportunity for donors to be entered to win a special gift baskets.  Donations of $50 and $100 will each be entered into a drawing for a special prize from Educate Malawi and generous business donors!

More to come in the next few weeks!  Thank you again, all who have generously donated and supported our mission and projects!

Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment