Karen's mileage tracker

Karen's ride for Malawi

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Break due to Rain!

So, we woke up in NH yesterday to the sound of pouring rain! Actually, I had listened to it all night long and watched the clock to see if it was stopping close to morning. It wasn't. We looked at the weather forecast and radar and it did not look good at all for the next 2 days in NH, VT and home! So, we decided to postpone the remaining 3 days of riding and continue when the weather cleared up.

We drove the route that I would have ridden that day and it was very beautiful but very hilly!! Also, it barely rained the whole time we were driving. I was not happy with that at all! Trying to make a safe decision by watching the weather is not an easy task...we did the best we could. I have some rain gear, but in addition to by getting wet I had to consider the conditions on the road (my tires are rather skinny ). Some of the downhills were very steep and I was thinking that my brakes might be challenged to slow down sufficiently. All in all I think we made the best decision we could!

I plan to continue on Thursday, riding 50 miles, then head back up to NH to ride into VT and then home. I do not think I will reach the 500 mile mark, but will ride for 8 days and will ride through 5 New England states as planned!!!

Thank you to those who have sent donations; it is greatly appeciated and will help us continue with completion of this project!

Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment