Karen's mileage tracker

Karen's ride for Malawi

Monday, September 5, 2011

Day 5 - NEW HAMPSHIRE!

So, we entered New Hampshire with very little fanfare, or notice!! There was no sign…our sign was that we saw more cars with New Hampshire license plates…that’s how we knew! So we stopped and took a picture anyway! I had ridden 35.8 miles and it was 10:28 a.m.!






I have really liked starting riding early…I tend to be a morning person anyway, and that way I am done early! I think that it has been good these last couple days to have a long afternoon to recover and get ready for the next day. Also, I used icy hot last night on my legs and shoulders and swore I could feel the difference in the morning and how I felt. We had a good breakfast this morning at the hotel; waffles, hard boiled egg, coffee, cereal…good fuel for the ride!



We left there, the car was all packed up and Stephen and I coordinated our route for the day. I rode down the parking lot leaving the hotel, got a little confused about which way to turn, stopped to look around and fell over!! Got a nice good cut on my knee to start the day!! Sheesh!




It ended up being a beautiful ride and we were going through the woods and a lot of back roads and not a lot of cars to deal with…just the way I like it! We entered Concord, MA and saw Walden Pond State Park….I am assuming it was The Walden Pond, because I saw Thoreau’s name on a few things in the town…it was very quaint.













So I have decided I want to make a little video about this trip and about the experience and why I am doing it. There has been an overwhelming theme in my mind as I’ve been riding through these towns and thinking about America and Malawi and why I’m doing this and what this all means to me, so check that out if you get a chance!!

We found this very cute place to stay for the night…it’s a Guest House, kind of like a bed and breakfast and a nice change from the standard hotel stay…plus we will get breakfast in the morning, also probably not the standard hotel fare…yummy! Carol and Tom are the owners of this guest house…I couldn’t tell you the names of any of the people who helped us at any other place!! More later!


So, it's a little bit later...haven't made 'the video' yet...lost motivation and got really tired! Maybe tomorrow. We looked up directions for where we want to go tomorrow, and got an idea for the next 3 days. Also, we looked at the weather; it is not looking good Iam very sad to say! We will play it by ear and just do the best we can. I can't ride if it's not safe, that's all there is to say! We will see...I am a bit anxious and hoping for the best! We have worked really hard this week and are very close to the end I would hate to have to stop now...but we will see!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment