Karen's mileage tracker

Karen's ride for Malawi

Sunday, September 11, 2011

8 Days completed!

This picture was taken today, September 11, 2011! It's my eighth day of riding for a total of 421 miles! Stephen rode 39 of my last 45 miles with me...we had started out on a route he mapped out on Daily mile. We made it about 12 miles on that route and ended up on a mountain out in Beyden or something I've never heard of! It was beautiful out there...but after riding 55 miles yesterday, the hill kept going and going and going!! We got to something that was maybe close to the top and made a decision not to continue on that route, not knowing what was ahead of us! I was tired and Stephen hasn't ridden his bike in a long time!! We ended up on a familiar route that was pretty and still had a few small hills. We stopped at Dunkin Donuts and were able to watch some of the 9/11 ceremonies...it was nice to be there and be able to witness some of that and take those thoughts with us for the remainder of the ride.






These pictures are backing up to yesterday...we left Vermont at 7:15 a.m. and I got home around noon, and then we were busy all the rest of the day, so I didn't have time to blog at all! It was a little challenging the first 15 miles or so, but I expected that, and then it as just smooth sailing, so to speak! I decided I did not like riding through the towns/cities...Greenfield, Northampton, Holyoke...towns that I have ridden through many times before, but after riding through the mountains and hills...it was very difficult to be with cars!

See....beautiful! This was up at the Vermont/Massachusettls line, Bernardston, MA.















So...I think I just might conclude this blog for today. I know there was more I had to say on the subject, but it has been a long day and a long week, and I want to get this posted. I don't know if I said it but I rode 421 miles total...short of my original goal of 500 miles, but I am not disappointed and do not have any regrets. We brought it a few more donations this week which we are very grateful for and I would love to do another ride like this next year! I enjoyed being out on the road and would love to share that and expand this fundraising effort for anyone who would be willing and able to particiapate! As I said before, I am grateful today to be an American and have the ability to give to others everywhere and anywhere who are in need. I know there are a lot of Americans who feel the same and that makes me proud as well!


God bless us all!

No comments:

Post a Comment