Karen's mileage tracker

Karen's ride for Malawi

Monday, August 29, 2011

COUNTDOWN

My last item that I wanted/needed!! Shoe covers! My mother asked if there was anything I needed, and I said, 'well, I don't really need them, but shoe covers would be nice for possibly

cold mornings, but they were really expensive, so I will make due without!'. So, she found these for me!!! I am so happy and they are perfect! Even better than the really expensive ones that I found online!! Thanks Mom!

So, I rode 31.39 miles this morning at an average speed of 14.4 miles an hour - 2 hours and 10 mins! Not bad...might be the last ride before Thursday...I may do a few little miles on Wed., but we'll see how I feel! I am really getting excited and trying to imagine the experience...got my bike mostly ready; I added a nice light that I bought to the handle bars...pretty full up there!


I got my odometer/tackometer (don't know if I made up that word), my GPS and a fabulos light that has several different settings...I put it on the outside so that cars would know I am there
for sure...on the left-er side of my handlbars. I put a nice blinky light on the back of my rack. I've started getting my clothes together and thinking about all the accessories we will need to bring along - we might be camping some, so I took out some Folder's singles...they are always good on cold mornings camping. The first time we had them we were camping on our bikes...that was one of my favorite weekends ever!!!


So....I am going to buy my gel packs today and we think we will be renting a car...it was not in our plan originally, but Stephen's car is a bit questionable, so we don't want to risk it! oh well...it's only green paper, as my friend says (money), and we really should have a reliable car.

Stay tuned...I may not write again until Thursday a.m. but...it'll be here quick!

p.s. We will have the laptop with us, therefore, have access to internet along the way...write or comment on photos or blogs...email is good too!

Best,


Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment