Karen's mileage tracker

Karen's ride for Malawi

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Zomba



So I have left Cape Maclear and am onto the next phase of this trip...Zomba.









We saw a lot of cows on this trip...I do not remember seeing so many cows before! They were either crossing the road or walking along the side of it! I have deemed them 'good luck'; I may have said it before but I'm saying it again!!


We stopped at the school on the way into Zomba and picked up some of the pen pal letters; the kids are really sweet when they are turning them in. I am taking pictures of them, so the kids back home can see who wrote to them. It is a fun exchange and seems to be special to them all.

I also plan to spend some time at the college learning a little more about the students and this particular college. I will take pictures of the women we awarded scholarships to the last semester and collect any applications for this upcoming semester.


More later!!

































































1 comment:

  1. Still think that the views atop Zomba Plateau was some of the best of my Malawian trip. Keep up the great work Karen!

    ReplyDelete