Karen's mileage tracker

Karen's ride for Malawi

Thursday, August 25, 2011

ONE WEEK TO GO!!







So, I got back from Malawi on Thursday afternoon, and then Saturday we went to the Easthampton Outdoor Market, with some of our new inventory to sell, and I took my bike out for a ride!
I rode 15 miles, and thought as I started that the saying is always appropriate…’it’s like riding a bike’…no matter how much time passes, I get on the bike and I am ‘one’…I love being on it and the feeling while I’m riding. In 12 days I will begin my big long ride…about 60 miles a day for 8 days!! And, as if that’s not all enough, in about a month we are moving!!! So, we are beginning to pack and clear out our house!!
I love riding because it gives me time to think…not that I don’t think at other times, because I spend a fair share of time thinking…this is different. It is a more passive type of thinking, where I just let my brain go where it wants and float, so to speak.


So, I have now been out on the bike 3 times in less than a week, and have just a week to go before the big ride. Stephen and I were talking about it and plan to stay as 'cheaply' as possible which might include camping along the way. I feel pretty good and pretty good about the ride!!


I have raised some good money, but would LOOVVVEE to raise some more, so if anyone hasn't donated, please consider even a small donation...even a lot of small donations add up to a lot!
TO DONATE VISIT THE WEBSITE: http://www.educate-malawi.org/ THANK YOU!


Hope to write some more later...

No comments:

Post a Comment